Sunday, 22 November 2009

Confinement

I'm so lucky that my mom was able to come and stay with me for almost 3 weeks during my confinement. Actually she planned to stay for a month but something came up at kampung. But by that time I was okay staying alone while hubby goes to work.

Some part of the pantang-larang during confinement was really terrible for me. I hate that I cannot wash my hair for a month! But I managed to pujuk my mom to let wash my hair after 2 weeks. I mean seriously, who can tahan oh? Sudah lah that time the weather was so hot and then cannot berkipas-kipas again. Yuck! I also hate that I only can take a shower once a day-aaand had to use herbal bath that was very hot in the afternoon! And I absolutely hate that I was literally sweating all day...pheww. So glad that the 1 month is up.

Luckily I find that I can tolerate the food:
Breakfast - Porridge + milk
Lunch - Rice + herbal/ginger soup
Evening - Biscuits
Dinner - Rice + herbal/ginger soup
Supper - Biscuits + milk

The Food:

Ayam kampung masak halia

This is how my herbal soup using herbs below:


Hehe...Luckily I didn't get constipation even though I didn't eat any vege at all (because my mom believe that it's cold). But I'm still stuck with eating these food because my hubby want me to continue until 40 days. I want to eat some vegetables but I'm such a coward to not follow my hubby punya advice (nanti ketulahan sama laki, adakah?).

5 comments:

-bba- said...

Rozy, I had a similar confinement food and after 40 days, I was badly constipated! My advise, do eat a little vege or little fruit. Seriously, it is PAINFUL!!

farrahar said...

I'm only allowed sawi and pegaga. But I've only eaten sawi so far cos can't find pegaga yet. Tidak sanggup mo constipated.

oji said...

Kar, u try to reason with my mom la waktu confinement dulu. Konpom tak bleh! But now can eat sayur bunga @ sawi(only)already.

Farrah, bestnya ko bleh mkn sayur!

Bonnie said...

Similiar with my confinement experience (or chinese style confinment). I too have NO vege NO fish AT ALL during confinement. only chicken for the whole confinement period. And I dint get to wash my hair (panjang lagi) for 29days (celebrate full moon early). And yup, mandi herba as well.

oji said...

Bonnie, wah so tahan u didn't wash for 29 days! I can tahan until 14 days only...