Tuesday, 31 January 2012

G-L-A-M-O-U-R

What a hot day today! The sun’s so bright that I have to spend the day looking like this.

Yup, even indoor. In the classroom. In the laboratory.

Haha.

The terrible truth is that I am yet again the luckiest recipient of the eye infection. At least only one eye this time.

I went to the doctor yesterday. The 24 hours Donggongon Clinic. I was wearing my sunnies while waiting for my turn. I kept on getting glances. (Note to self: In the event that I ever become famous, this is certainly not the right way to stay anonymous.) When I showed my swollen eye to the good doctor, he took the torchlight, had a look-see at it. And then he laughed. He actually laughed! The dialogue went something like this:

“Bah, nokuro ko?” He asked.

I took off my beautiful pair of sunnies. “Intaii po gia mato ku. Nokuro maiti tu irad diti?”

“Sira po irad no?” While taking his torchlight.

“Di konihab po.”

He took one look. One look. “Kotuton ko bo gia tii! Haha”

“Hah, kotut? Oluor pondoh diti.”

“Depends on the site of infection boh gia” He gets a little-wittle technical now.

“Jadi haro katu gia mc untuk do kotuton?”

“Bah, onuan ku dika mc untuk baino.”

“Suab? Osonong no gia ti suab?” Since I’m amusing him so much, I decided to take full advantage and asked for 2 days of sick leave.

“Hahaha.. It’s not infectious. Actually, today you can even go to work. No problem.”

“But I’m teaching a bunch of teenagers!” Still trying my best to persuade him.

“Hahaha. You can explain to them about eye infection.”

Pffft.

I made him laugh early in the morning and he only gave one day of sick leave.

So, I end up looking glamorous all day long today. Luckily it IS a sunny day.

*In the event that you are wondering about the language, it is Dusun. But I am no good at writing it down ^_^;

3 comments:

carolchs said...

funny how i can understand dusun better than kadazan...padahal my birth cert wrote my race as kadazan...i guess living with friends and neighbors in kgau who speak dusun more, i catch the language better eventho tida pandai cakap.

get well soon. too bad u cant get two days mc :)

Lizeewong said...

I can understand your written Dusun perfectly :) Ahh..that Dr sounds familiar. Does he wear glasses? Short and stumpy, boring haircut? Can't stand him.

oji said...

Carol: Same there. My race in my birth cert is Kadazan too. But actually both of my parents are Dusun.

Lizee: Hehe...that's the one. :) Been trying to look for a different clinic but I always end up going there.