First read Hypnobirthing from Farrah's blog when I was still in my 2nd trimester. Thought nothing about it. Last night as I was surfing the net (because I couldn't sleep due to the fact that I had hours of afternoon nap), I came across an article about Hypnobirthing (hypnosis for childbirth) in Baiboo.
It is basically a mind-over-matter technique to ease labour pains minus drugs. The intense pain felt is due to fear of the birthing process (no thanks to your mama friends or SILs that just looove to share their labour stories!) that causes the uterus muscle to tense. Hypnosis (which involves focused concentration) helps women to fully relax in order for muscles to work the way they are intended during labour. Mothers are to visualise having a calm and peaceful birth.
And so the plan would be:
And if God's willing, I'll have a smooth labour.
It is basically a mind-over-matter technique to ease labour pains minus drugs. The intense pain felt is due to fear of the birthing process (no thanks to your mama friends or SILs that just looove to share their labour stories!) that causes the uterus muscle to tense. Hypnosis (which involves focused concentration) helps women to fully relax in order for muscles to work the way they are intended during labour. Mothers are to visualise having a calm and peaceful birth.
And so the plan would be:
- No panicking and rushing to clinic the moment my contractions start for real. Instead take my sweet time to take a shower and really clean my hair. Since kk specialist is not far from home, 8 minutes between contractions should be okay.
- Remind hubby not to panic.
- Upon checking in, must walk around while waiting.
- Have my "entertainment package" with me all time to help me relax and be comfortable.
- During labour, visualise the baby coming out gently into the world. Have total confidence in my own body's abilities.
And if God's willing, I'll have a smooth labour.
No comments:
Post a Comment