Thursday, 8 October 2009

Is it time?


How does a proper contraction feels like? I thought I was going into labour last monday. I woke up in the wee hour with this burning pain on my upper abdomen. It was cripplingly painful that you just can't even sit down. But nooo, apparently I am not anywhere near labour...cause I'm still here in front of my monitor.

It's been almost 4 days of having some on/off pain at my lower back, sometimes on my upper abs...and that's it. So I'm really hoping it will be soon, very very soon because I'm tired of going to work...and I'm losing weight but baby keeps getting heavier. Yesterday found out baby is currently 3.4kg! Blame that on my hubby - I come from small sized family so it must be his genetic and simply because I want to. Blame someone else. No way I'm going to blame myself.

And how come most people always assume that they have a right to comment on a parent's choice of name? Hey, I'm the one carrying this baby for 40 weeks, dealing with all the pain and sweet moments. So how come I don't have the right to name the little one as I wish? Huh? It's not like I'm choosing Gurangak or something (even I do, what's it got to do with you). Wait for your own baby la...Just save the "apa lah maksud dia tu?".

Something to give me comfort:

It came to me and I said, "OK, this is where I go now." I had diabetes while I was pregnant. I became huge. And I said, "This is what it takes for me to have the baby, and I really want it." Then you don't know if it's going to be healthy; you are completely out of control. So the experience really makes you humble.
( Salma Hayek when asked about her pregnancy)

p/s: that's not my tummy...mine does not look anywhere as beautiful as that.

2 comments:

farrahar said...

When the real contraction comes, it should be all the way on your lower abdoment, not the upper part. Cos the part that's contracting is actually your uterus. If you've ever experienced intense period pain, that's how it's like. Time it, cos the contraction should be at least once in every 10 minutes. If the time space gets closer, your time is even nearer. Yes, there's really no rest, you'd feel it every 10 minutes.

In addition to that, actual labor will happen anytime soon if your lower back starts feeling pain. How the pain is? It's the same like you want to go for poop, and it'd be very difficult to tahan. This means the baby is urging to come out and this is the time when you should actually "push".

I think you've read about the "show" and "water breaking". I only had a show, about 4 hours plus after my contractions began. My doctor broke my water just before I delivered my 1st child the next day.

oji said...

Uhuhu...guess labour is not happening any sooner.